I pulled up craigslist, and for no reason in particular clicked on the following ad:
Cheap Sailboat $600
To my surprise, it was Blue Dolphin - our old Irwin 25. What a shame - apparently she is now in pretty bad shape...but still, $600 - that sounds like a pretty good deal! Maybe I'll post a reference on the Irwin owner's group so that someone else can enjoy her like we did.
Seeing old 'Blue' got me thinking - where have all my other boats gone? Since I've been in Texas I've owned a Coronado 25, Cal 27, Ranger 23, Pacific Seacraft 31, Islander 24, Capri 15, and the Irwin 25 - and I haven't kept up with any of them. I frequent several marinas, am out on the water quite a bit, and constantly scan the classifieds - although the psc 31 has not moved, the Irwin and the Islander are the only two I've run across again:
With the exception of the psc 31, I sailed these boats frequently and as soon as I sold them they seemed to drop off the face of the Earth. Maybe that's just the way it is with inexpensive sailboats - the idea of sailing often trumps the act of actually using the boat, or maybe I just dealt with a lot more aggravation then the next owner wanted to....
No comments:
Post a Comment