Sea Wards!

My photo
We are a close knit family of five who spend most of what little extra time and money we have on our favorite things: traveling and sailing. We hope to eventually combine these passions, and travel the world by sailboat.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More problems on the Bayou

Although tightening the stuffing box did the trick for stopping the 'big' leak, I noticed a couple other issues yesterday evening. After running the boat for a few hours - oily water is still collecting in the bilge, and the oil pressure seems to drop. There is also a deep knock...never good. It looks like the water is coming from the water pump (not a huge deal), but I cannot determine where the oil is coming from.

I don't think it is a rear main seal because my loss of oil seems to coincide with engine rpm.... hmmmmm.....maybe time to go back to an outboard.

No comments: