Tropical storm Alex and the following tropical disturbance have brought nothing but rain. Rain, rain, rain and then some rain...I'm more then ready for blue skys and brisk breezes. I've been back to Blew Bayou several times - mainly checking the lines as we are now not only adjusting to a new location, but also to extremely high tides brought about by the recent weather.
I did find the knock in the engine to be remedied by retarding the timing somewhat extremely ....perhaps I have some bad fuel. Also shined a light back on the shaft while she was running, and noticed that the engine is obviously out of alignment . Although correcting the oil sending unit seemed to take care of most of my leak, with the engine that far out of alignment I would not be surprised if the rear main seal was also leaking.
I need to pull the motor this winter - but until then, I am just trying to get the time down there to align it.
No comments:
Post a Comment